The whirlpool Bathtub (as well as the outdoor spa) is no longer exclusivity only available for spas and luxury hotels. Nowadays, fortunately, the modern man or woman can have this type of articles in their own home and enjoy in this way the benefits and advantages of having such an important ally for health and comfort.
The first time you feel the bubbling effect of water on your body, it is an unforgettable experience, and you benefit from its powerful restorative and relaxing effect.
Types of Whirlpool Bathtub
In the Whirlpool Bathtub, we consider that there are three basic types of the whirlpool:
- Popular: This type of product refers to the conventional hot tub, the most common use. There are two fundamental sub-options, for one person and for two people (duplex). Its shape can be rectangular, circular, semicircular, oval, round, pentagonal.
- Retro Type: This hydromassage bath enjoys the benefits of the bathtubs previously called “popular”, but with a more classic touch for the ambiance of your bathroom. It is important to clarify that due to the height of these products (they are less high), there is not enough space under the structure of the jacuzzi to accommodate air pump and heater, being, therefore, the water pump the only one responsible for massaging the user’s body.
- For babies: We are talking about a version of whirlpool bathtub specially designed for babies. They have a small size, but like the other bathtubs they offer therapeutic and bubbling effects for the smallest of the house; Of course, they use less intensity and speed in massage.
The hydromassage bath and its care
Like any domestic installation, the hydromassage bath is not exempt from wear and the accumulation of dirt on its surface, in the pumping system and in the conduits for water transport, therefore a series of recommendations must be followed:
- The water in the whirlpool bath should be changed daily (or at most every few days), unlike in the outdoor hot tubs where the water is changed every 3 or 4 months on average due to the professional systems that these other equipment integrate.
- It should be cleaned monthly with a damp cloth, without adding chemicals and/or abrasives that could cause irreparable damage to the glass of the whirlpool.
- The area to support the head should always be kept clean so it does not lose its shine. This is achieved by using a clean cloth impregnated with a mild detergent, see the user manual for more detailed information.
- Anti-freeze protection must be used for regions where the temperature drops below -15 ° C. Generally, a whirlpool bath will be installed in a bathroom, since the materials of which it is composed are not suitable for use in outdoor areas. However, there is the possibility of adopting a whirlpool tub for outdoor use, and in that case, this advice will be advisable.
- If you stop using the whirlpool bath for a period of two to six weeks, it is recommended to adjust the temperature below 26 degrees C, this reduces the costs for electricity consumption.
Check This Out: Errors in Bathroom Decoration
The hydromassage bath and its health benefits
Enjoying a pleasant activity is in itself a balm for your health, and the whirlpool bathtub meets this postulate in addition to providing you with a series of benefits, such as the following:
- It is the remedy par excellence to eliminate everyday stress.
- Maintains the joints in good condition.
- Mitigates headaches and stomach ulcers.
- Fight cellulite.
- Purifies the body eliminating toxins by sweating.
- Effectively combat insomnia thanks to its relaxing effects.
- It helps to heal wounds and cuts.
- It is ideal to mitigate the problems of poor circulation.
Recommendations for the use of the whirlpool
We can get the most out of our whirlpool bath following these simple recommendations:
- Wait until the whirlpool tub is full of water before activating the jets/jets.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before diving into the whirlpool.
- Do not let children play in the whirlpool, keep in mind that it is a delicate equipment and could be dangerous in the hands of a minor without the supervision of an adult.
- Complement the use of the whirlpool bath with energy massages.
- Avoid the use of the whirlpool bath if you suffer from any condition due to heart failure.
- Do not overdo the use of the hydromassage bath through sessions over 15 or 20 minutes. Remember that the hotter the water is, the shorter the immersion time should be.
- Avoid placing devices connected to the electric network, such as radios or CD players, near the hot tub.
- To enjoy the bath better, you can add some essence, aromatic or essential oil to the water, which will help to create a tranquilizing effect and environment.
Curiosities of the hot tub
Because the hydromassage bath is an investment in some considerable cases that implies the partial expense of our savings, it is useful to know more of its characteristics and peculiarities to make our investment worth as an added value to our home.
The hydromassage baths are made with adaptable and resistant materials of the last generation. Acrylic is the material that best adapts to the multiple variants required by the current design.
Also, these magnificent products come equipped with modern control panels that allow managing all the functions available in a hydromassage session.
Keep Reading: Benefits Of The Bathrooms By Dry Sauna
From the control panel you can, among many other functions, control the water temperature, activate the water and/or air massage (at the same time or separately), enjoy the chromotherapy, etc.