All of us have our own kingdoms at home. The kitchen is Mom’s bastion, dad’s dominion is the study and kids stretch their empire all over the living room. One of the few neutral territories left are the badlands of the bathroom! Fun and jokes apart, the bathroom is as important a contributor to the overall vibe of your home as any other room. If kept clean, hygienic and artistically designed, they not only guarantee better health and immunity but are also a source of pride when showing off to visitors. However, maintaining a beautiful and functional bathroom is a tough task and sometimes it becomes near impossible to improve the quality of your existing resources; therefore it’s highly advisable to remodeling a bathroom. Trust me, it will be one of the wisest decisions you make as well as an interesting project that the whole family can be involved in.
But before you get all pumped up with that credit card itching to be swiped, it’s necessary to understand and analyze what exactly your bathroom requires. There is no point in spending money on stuff that doesn’t mix aesthetics with functional value.
Check This Out: Errors in Bathroom Decoration
Let’s take a look at some fundamentals steps and precautions for remodeling a bathroom:
- Go green – It isn’t only about the environment but also beneficial for you. Eco-friendly products have the awesome design, usually function a lot better and are free of harmful chemicals ensuring that your health remains a top priority.
- Flooring – Always go for substance and not just style when deciding on tiles. Install durable, water-repelling tiles that fulfill their purpose and many exciting designs can be found within these specifications.
- Attractive mirror – Mirrors can make or break the way your bathroom presents itself. Huge mirrors look good in huge bathrooms only and you should look for a properly sized mirror as per your requirement. Framed mirrors over sinks look ‘chic’ and you can complement it by a glowing light with colored shades.
- Make it simple – Going for baroque isn’t as trendy as it might sound and you should take precautions against buying stuff that may contain harmful chemicals just because they looked pretty. Try to refurbish and refinish existing items like bathtubs and holders instead of buying new ones.
- Keep your budget in check – Even though that Italian marble sink with crystal engraving may look fantastic, it doesn’t mean you have to overshoot on your budget. Try going for cheaper items where possible so that you can spend more on functional items like that sexy shower fixture you had your eyes on since ages!
- Be honest about your abilities – You are no Michelangelo and it’s about time you stopped bragging about your do-it-yourself skills. Some things are just not meant for amateurs and should be left for the professionals when remodeling a bathroom. Otherwise, you might end up paying extra for fixing the stuff that you shouldn’t have messed with in the first place.
- High functioning toilet – Don’t forget what this room was originally built for! Always go for quality in this department even if it costs a little bit more like dual flush toilets that are also eco-friendly.
Following these tips can save you a lot of money and headache when it comes to remodeling a bathroom. Think well, think smart, analyze and only then proceed further. Best of luck on this project; you will surely do well.
Keep Reading: http://linkfeel.com/cleaning-house-useful-know/