How to Segment Ads on Facebook for Your Company
Facebook advertising is a great marketing tool for small businesses B2C, SMEs, and creative businesses. Its potential lies in the possibility of selecting and segmenting the target public, control over its administration and over investment.
On the other hand, it should be remembered that Facebook is the largest social network in the world and where people still spend a lot of time. The strategy Facebook is trying to reach the right people, to increase traffic to your website and increase sales in your business.
Facebook suggests Steps for segmentation:
- Selection of the appropriate audience
On Facebook, you can target your ads to the exact people you want to connect with. When you target ads, you can:
- Find the right customers on different devices, such as computers, phones, and tablets.
- Transmit relevant messages to specific individuals.
- Make the most of your investment, reaching only the people you care about.
You may also like Microsoft, IBM, and Google have relied on this method to achieve their goals
How to target your ads:
- Visit creation tool ad and select the advertising target.
- Set the creative (for example, images and text).
- Then choose your audience and select specific targeting options to connect with the right customers.
- Fill in the details of the campaign, ad set, budget, and bids, and click “Place order” to create the ad.
- Note: As you select different targeting options, you’ll see that your potential audience size is adjusted to reflect the number of people on Facebook who can see your ads. The actual number of people your ads will reach depends on the budget and the duration of the campaign.
- The Place
Reach customers from important places for your business by country, state or province, city and zip code.
For example, if you represent an American e-commerce company, you can target your ads to people residing in the United States and Canada.
Target certain demographic groups taking into account criteria such as age, sex, the emotional situation, academic training or the workplace, among others.
For example, the online fashion store Joseph Nogucci directs its ads to women aged 18-54.
- Add Interests
With the segmentation by interests, you can define your ideal audience according to their interests, hobbies, and the pages that they like on Facebook. These data can be extracted from their interests, their activities, their education, their positions, the pages they like or the groups to which they belong.
For example, the company selling online their ads BarkBox segments so that people who have dogs and people who like different breeds of dogs are directed. To do this, he adds interests like “chow chow, a golden retriever, and Pomerania”.
It reaches people who have certain buying habits, give specific use to their devices or perform certain activities.
For example, if you represent a jewelry sales company online, you can select the “Jewelry” partner category in “Behaviors”.
Note: You can overlay more targeting options, such as women aged 18-34 residing in the United States.
- Advanced: Personalized Audiences
With custom audiences, you can target your ads to target your existing customers, included in your own list, or to exclude them from a specific campaign. This is useful if you want to offer special discounts or promotions to your current customer base.
Customized audiences: up safely the list of the contacts you want to get (or want to exclude) and go with your Facebook ads.
Public similar: once you’ve created a custom audience, you can use similar audiences to find people similar to your best customers.
Ensure that the ads pertaining to each set have the same audience and the same bidding type, so our system can identify which ads work best based on variations of images, videos, or text.
Create separate ad sets for ads that use advanced targeting options, such as custom audiences.Create multiple ads in each ad set with different images, links, videos, texts, or placements. After a while, you should be able to identify which one gives the best results. Disable ads with the lowest conversion rate.