How tastiest it is to cook vegetables?
When you cook vegetables, the most important thing is to choose the right recipe. Vegetables will be much tastier if you take note of our advice.
Creativity and knowledge of technology are necessary if you want to cook delicious vegetables to include them in your daily diet. Ideas and combinations are endless.
“I do not like it, I will not eat it,” these are the thoughts that arise not only in children when they see vegetables green, orange or purple.
However, cooking vegetables and preserving vitamins and minerals is much easier than you think.
Sauces, dairy products, and puff pastry: the best cover for vegetables
- Sauces and dairy products are ideal for camouflaging vegetables. Also in this will help cream soup from vegetables with cheese, pasta with vegetables, green beans with eggs and ham or steamed broccoli with mayonnaise.
- Puff pastry is also a good option. For the filling, you can choose the most useful products, such as leeks, spinach or even fish.
How to achieve the perfect taste and texture
Appetizing vegetables can be achieved in different ways. There are products whose sweet taste is most clearly revealed when roasting or baking, as in the case of cassava.
- When a thin layer of material covering some tubers, roots, and pumpkin, during cooking, quickly heats up and evaporates moisture from the surface.
- This phenomenon is known as the reaction of Maillard, which gives the taste of baked products, with a crispy caramelized crust from the outside and a tender flesh inside.
If you want to make mashed potatoes, it’s better to cook vegetables, but not steaming. So they will be softer.
Check This Out: Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With 7 Protein Vegetables
Colorful cook vegetables
Purple or purple
Violet vegetables are distinguished by a high level of antioxidants. Beans, potatoes, asparagus or purple cabbage contain anthocyanins, unstable and water-soluble molecules.
When boiling, they lose their color, so it is recommended to eat these vegetables raw or add acidic stabilizers to the water. For example, red cabbage is usually cooked in water with diluted vinegar.
Betaine is what gives the beet a rich red color. It is soluble in water and sensitive to heat, so it is recommended to treat it, as well as in the case of purple vegetables.
Chlorophyll is responsible for the green color of some vegetables, but it also dissolves in water.
Such vegetables are recommended to boil as quickly as possible in a large amount of salt water and then ice-cold water. They can also be stewed or fried, seasoned with lemon juice.
Dark green vegetables do not lose their coloring so easily due to the content of carotenoids, which also color the products in orange or red.
White vegetables, these include potatoes, artichokes, cauliflower or onions, if cut, they are oxidized and browned. This is due to special enzymes.
Their color can be preserved by putting vegetables in a bowl with diluted lemon juice. It is not recommended to cook or fry such vegetables for a long time.
How to cook vegetables: several secrets
- Salt returns the freshness of tomatoes and improves the taste of sweet dishes.
- Honey levels the bitterness of salad or arugula.
- With some bitter vegetables, for example, green salad leaves, or very salty, such as mushrooms, you should be careful when adding salt.
- An attractive combination is a combination of bitter and sweet: bitter mint with peas, parsley in salads with sweet sauces, caraway with carrots …
- Olive oil is perfectly combined with sweet and sour products.
Fresh peas, carrots, and peppers have a sweet taste that can be enhanced with honey, syrups or alcohol.
Mixing sweet and fatty is unusual, but very attractive when you try to convince a child to eat more vegetables.
However, although potatoes with melted butter, soups or mashed potatoes with cream are very tasty, you should not abuse them.
Moderate witticism and sourness
Chili, black pepper or fresh ginger will make soups or stews more attractive, but they should be used with caution.
In turn, acid flavors, such as lemon juice, vinegar, wine, rhubarb, sour cream or yogurt, increase the natural sweetness of vegetables. They should be used wisely to achieve a balance of tastes.
Appetizing recipe for cooking vegetables
This recipe is an example of how to cook vegetables in the most refined way.
Vegetables with cheese
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter (60 g)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Some water
Keep Reading: 5 Winter Recipes To Keep Fit Even In The Cold
- Pour the water into the pan so that the vegetables are cooked for a couple and not burned.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stew for several minutes at a low temperature in a closed saucepan until the vegetables are soft but crispy.
- Now turn off the heat, add the cheese and cover again until it melts.