Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With 7 Protein Vegetables
Including vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, broccoli or spinach to our diet can be a great help to lose weight in a healthy way.
Losing weight in a healthy way is, without a doubt, the primary objective of every person who tries to eliminate those extra pounds that are stored on the hips, on the abdomen and, in general, on the whole body.
It is not easy, we know it. Miracles do not exist and the last thing we can expect is to lose fat quickly because, in that case, we would put our health at risk.
For our part, we suggest that you contact your doctor to evaluate your state of health. After this first step, it is necessary to establish a daily training program with which to achieve daily objectives that are simple and capable of motivating us.
- A daily walk, a bit of aerobic exercise and, above all, a good diet are key factors for losing weight.
Today on our blog we want to deepen this last aspect: that of diet. You have at your disposal 7 fabulous protein vegetables that nature offers you so that you can get rid of those extra pounds in a healthy way.
They are the richest in protein, tastier and those that provide greater benefits. What are you waiting for to try them?
Do you want to lose weight in a healthy way? Then say “yes” to the protein vegetables
Before enumerating the best 9 vegetables that you can take, we want to explain the importance of protein when we are going to follow any diet with the goal of losing weight.
- When we eat foods rich in protein, we obtain a prolonged satiating effect. This does not happen when, for example, we simply consume carbohydrates or even sweet foods. In these last cases, we are more hungry.
- Another fact that we must consider is that if we do not take care of the protein intake when we follow a diet in order to lose weight, we will lose muscle mass. We can notice it on who, after losing a lot of weight, has excess flaccidity on body and skin … These people have lost a lot of muscle mass!
- The proteins – and this we must always remember – promote muscle formation and reduce the amount of fat.
- By consuming protein foods, we also produce greater energy expenditure to digest them (thermogenesis). This provides us with a greater metabolic advantage to burn more fat.
As you can see, they are all advantages. However, we should not exceed their consumption and the ideal would be to combine proteins of animal origin (such as turkey meat) with the vegetables that we will list below.
Spinach is among the green leafy vegetables with more nutrients we can take.
- It is one of the richest vegetables in protein and also contains many essential amino acids.
- They also contain high amounts of folic acid, manganese, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- In addition to their high protein content, spinach has compounds of great antioxidant power that reduce inflammation.
We suggest a salad of spinach, strawberries, and walnuts.
2. The watercress
The watercress is a cruciferous plant (such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts) with a high protein content.
- It also has good quantities of vitamins A, group B, C and minerals (calcium, manganese, and potassium).
- It is also good to know that if we choose to boil the watercress in water, it will lose all its antioxidant content. We will, therefore, prefer to eat it raw in salads.
3. Alfalfa sprouts
Have you already tried the alfalfa sprouts? They give an original touch to our dishes and have almost no calories in exchange for multiple nutrients.
They also contain B vitamins, C, K and minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and copper.
As an interesting fact, it should be noted that alfalfa sprouts are ideal for reducing bad cholesterol (LDL), to alleviate the symptoms of menopause and to prevent osteoporosis.
How to resist it?
4. Chinese cabbage
You will love the Chinese cabbage. It will not only allow you to lose weight in a healthy way, it will also offer a tasty and original touch to all your dishes.
- Contains a large protein intake, as well as calcium, potassium, manganese, iron and vitamins A, C, and K.
- Thanks to its antioxidant power, you can counteract the appearance of different tumors.
Look for the Chinese cabbage at the market without hesitating.
Check This Out: Diabetes, The Right Diet And Sport To Live With Peace Of Mind
Asparagus is a very well known vegetable due to its high content of nutritive principles. For example, with 134 grams of asparagus, we get about 2.9 grams of protein.
- It is also an excellent source of vitamins A, group B, K and minerals (copper, manganese, phosphorus, and magnesium).
- We must also highlight its fruit-oligosaccharide content, which possesses a probity action as they stimulate the growth of positive bacteria for our intestinal flora.
We can prepare the asparagus in the oven, grilled, boiled or steamed. In any case, it is a delicious and healthy dish.
Even broccolis are very rich in protein vegetables that we can appreciate both raw and cooked.
- They have few calories, are satiating and supply us with high amounts of plant compounds and flavonoids such as kaempferol.
- If you cook steamed broccoli, your liver will receive an invaluable gift. Also ideal for reducing high cholesterol levels.
7. Brussels sprouts
- Brussels sprouts are sensational to lose weight. They are an excellent source of protein, fiber, and vitamins.
- A fact that you will be pleased to know is that this vegetable takes care of our intestines as it helps to eliminate harmful bacteria.
- We can cook them in the oven or griddle. They are an ideal side dish for any dish.
Knowing these protein vegetables is very useful for delineating our diet plan with the goal of losing weight. Do not completely exclude the consumption of proteins of animal origin, especially for lean meats, and integrate everything with physical activity.
Start today: losing weight in a healthy way is possible.