Preventing Electrical Fires and Shock in your Home

Your home should be a place that you can relax in and more importantly, feel safe in. Although we have lots of modern equipment to make life easier, sometimes it can be dangerous, so it is important that we ensure that our homes are as safe as possible.

Electricity is something that makes life much easier – however, it can also be the cause of a house fire if there is a fault somewhere within the electrics. If you suspect that you have a problem with the electricity in your home, the first thing that you should do is stop using it and get a professional like this electrician Gloucester based company to come and check it out for you.

Image Credit

If you are not trained in what you are doing, it is not a good idea to try and make changes to electrics as it can lead to a nasty electric shock which could be fatal. Here are some of the signs to look out for that could indicate that you have a problem with your electrics…

Image Credit

You can smell Burning – If you notice a burning smell coming from a socket, or you can see that it is scorched then you need to stop using it immediately.

Flickering Lights – Sometimes lights can flicker in bad weather, however if you are noticing your lights flickering a lot, then this could be a wiring problem.

Strange Noises – If you plug something in and it is making a noise like buzzing, then this also could be a faulty plug or a faulty socket.