Keys To Choosing A Perfect Ergonomic Chair
People who spend many hours a day sitting down must have an ergonomic chair that takes care of their back. If you do not know where to start, see the following guide
I would dare say, without knowing you, that you are one of those people who spend a lot of time sitting. I do not care if you are in high school or that you are a university student, teacher or any other profession. Citizens of developed countries spend on average about 17 years sitting throughout our lives. It’s a long time to be in an uncomfortable chair, do not you think?
The international health organizations are tired of advising a less sedentary life, since exercise and movement is the only activity that can free us from back pain, stress, neck discomfort, etc. According to the data offered by the European Agency for Health and Safety at Work, more than a third of workers suffer from back pain, this being the health problem that costs more for patients. In addition, these complaints are the second most frequent cause of a visit to the doctor, and the third reason for surgery.
It is also essential to have a chair adapted for the activity that we are going to develop since we will not have to maintain the same position to study, work, play the video game console, watch television or sew. In fact, there are several experts who say that the change of seat depending on the practice is closely related to the increase in productivity and creativity.
Check This Out: Decoration for Children’s Rooms
Here are some of the features you should look for in an ergonomic chair.
- It is essential that we can vary the height of the seat, since an inadequate posture could cause ailments in the lumbar area, the vertebrae, the trapezius and the dorsal area, in addition to causing circulatory and digestive disorders. It is also important to look at the size of the seat, that we have enough space, and that the front is tilted down.
- The backrest should always be adjusted to the back to avoid ailments in the lower back. In the market, it is possible to find a wide range of chairs with fixed, calculating or synchronized backrests. The first is useful for short days, while the vasculitis has been designed to be used for about five hours and the synchronized for even longer days.
- The height of the backrest also deserves to be considered, having to ignore all the chairs that do not cover, at least, the whole of the back. It is also possible to add a headrest to let the vertebrae rest.
- All self-respecting chairs must incorporate adjustable armrests, which must support all our weight to help us get up. Its function is extremely important since they allow us to work at a ninety-degree angle and eliminate tensions by supporting the elbows and forearms.
- The base must carry wheels, as this facilitates posture and movement. Ideally, these have five points of support, and the best chairs also include the possibility of varying the wheels with different hardness and materials.
- When it comes to choosing upholstery it is important to forget about fashion and think only about comfort. It is best to choose a breathable, non-flammable and durable fabric (such as metal structures, aluminum bases or reinforced plastics). Forget about light colors, leather, and too soft designs.
In the market, it is possible to find a wide variety of ergonomic chair, some of them quite expensive and not suitable for the pockets of all students. Therefore, today we bring you a small selection of chairs with a good value for money, all available at Amazon.